Graham Yoakum is a co-founder of Skobalt. He started programming in high school, and was making web sites even earlier. He enjoys challenges and any opportunity to learn something new. He favors efficiency, minimalism, clean design, and keeping things simple. He feels that when doing things, they should be done well.
Ryan Yoakum is a co-founder of Skobalt. He is a creative designer, talented programmer, and his technical analysis is so piercing it frequently needs a warning label. He is skilled beyond his years, but possessed of youthful adaptability and vigor. He is never known to quail at the fury of a gale, and he's never, never sick at sea.
Graham and Ryan are both graduates of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech). They hold Bachelor of Science degrees with a primary course of study in Computer Science. They both have a broad scientific and analytic education covering:
- Computer Science – Graphics, Networking, Neural Networks, Algorithms, Operating Systems, Error Correction & Data Compression
- Mathematics – Multi-variable Calculus, Differential Equations, Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra
- Physics – Special Relativity, E&M Theory, Thermodynamics, Waves, Quantum Mechanics
- Law – Intellectual Property Law, Law & Economics, Election Law
- Sociology – Economics, Political Science, Game Theory
Both have knowledge of a variety of computer languages, tool kits, and software development environments, including:
- C/C++, Java, Lisp, Perl, PHP, Python, Eiffel, Modula 3
- Maple, Mathematica
- Django, CodeIgniter